Friday, July 24, 2009

Thursday 7-23-09

Matthew 12



Matt 12:33-37 “Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.”
Am I careful what words come out of my mouth? Am I consistently aware that God’s testimony and mine are on the line every time I open my mouth?

I don’t think I even realize how carefully chosen God wants our words to be. I mean in Vs 36 Jesus said “every idle word” not evil word but idle word I speak I would be held accountable for. (‘Idle’ – worthless, futile, not lasting) What God is saying then is that every word I speak that is about his kingdom, or in other words is idle or futile, I’m going to have to give an account for! I know I want my words to be about the things of God, and not worthless things! How about you, are you ready to give an account for every ‘idle word’ you’ve spoken and will speak?



--
Lord cleanse my heart and make it anew that it would be wholly committed to you…. Help me not to waste my words on things that won’t last for eternity… Lord help me to love words that are spoken about you and the things that you love…. Father help me to grow in you and walk with you each day of my life…

0 comments: